Is it possible to compare different versions of the same file?
PDF-XChange Editor Plus supports programmatic document comparison. As of build 9.3.361.0, it is possible to compare base content text and object positioning between documents. (Note that other content items such as images and comments are not yet included in the document comparison feature. Our intention is to improve and enhance the functionality of this feature in subsequent builds).
The Compare Documents feature is located in the Review tab:
The Compare Documents dialog box will open. Select the documents you want to compare, and click OK:
When the comparison is complete the Compare Result dialog box will open and display the results.
Manual Comparison Option
There are a few alternative methods that can be used to visually compare documents in PDF-XChange Editor.
The first method is to open the documents in separate windows:
1. Click the FileRibbon Tab and then click Open > Browse to open the desired documents in the same window:
2. Click and drag files from the document tab into the main window to view repositioning options. The snap-to-right option is displayed below:
3. Move the pointer to the icons and then release the mouse button to reposition the window above, below or to the left/right of the existing window, as detailed below. (Alternatively, drag the tab outside of the user interface and then release the mouse button to open the document in a new window of PDF-XChange Editor.
Please note that the options in the Document Tabs Menu of the View Ribbon Tab can also be used to change the tab setup of active documents:
The second option is to split the active document into two views:
1. Click the View Ribbon Tab.
2. Click New Document Window to open the same document in a second window.
Alternatively, select either Horizontal Split or Vertical Split to split the active document into two views:
A vertical split is displayed below:
Please note that these methods display two views of the same document. Therefore, when one view is updated, the other will update in the same manner. If the desired outcome is to view different versions of the same document it is necessary to update the document, save the changes with a new name and use the first manual comparison method detailed above.