14 Oct 2011
PDF-X OCR SDK extension released ...
New OCR module for PDF-XChange SDK now available.
We are pleased to confirm the release of our long awaited first offering providing developer's with the ability to convert Image based PDF files to text searchable PDF files - this product extension is provided FREE and at no additional cost to existing owners of the PDF-XChange PRO SDK with a current maintenance agreement
PDF-X OCR SDK will function as a module of the PDF-XChange PRO SDK allowing developers to Scan or convert existing image based files to fully text searchable PDF files.
Amongst the headline features offered with the initial release are:
· Add a text layer to existing PDF files to allow full text search capabilities
· Scan and OCR to make the final PDF text searchable
· DPI down-sampling for improved recognition processing speeds
· Colour/Grayscale internal conversion to 1 bit Mono for Improved recognition accuracy
· Extract text to file
· Auto Rotate pages for correct recognition
· Support all currently supported PDF version formats
· Multi Language recognition including, English, French, Spanish, German, Chinese (Simplified), Cyrillic (e.g. Russian, Ukranian etc), Italian and numerous others
· Multi Zonal/Region support
· Character Whitelist/Blacklists (Field types – e.g. Numbers/Symbols/Letters etc )
· Low level access to OCR output properties (e.g. Character size, position, text base lines etc)
· Pre-trained on a wide variety of font types/styles
Back to all News, Press & Events
Further information and details of how existing owners of the PDF-XChange PRO SDK can access/sign up for the extended product free of charge is available here
Subject to changes without notification.