All bookmarks are deleted!

PDF-X OCR SDK is a New product from us and intended to compliment our existing PDF and Imaging Tools to provide the Developer with an expanding set of professional tools for Optical Character Recognition tasks

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Dorwol
User

All bookmarks are deleted!

Post by Dorwol »

While the OCR all bookmarks are deleted. :!:

How can this be prevented?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: All bookmarks are deleted!

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Dorwol,

I will discuss this with one of my colleagues working on the OCR (Walter), but could you please also share the settings you are using (e.g. are you rasterizing all content on the page first or are you keeping it and just adding the text layer?

Best,
Stefan
Dorwol
User

Post by Dorwol »

My code is the same code like your VB example code.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks Dorwol,

Once we've had the chance to check that with Walter we will post back here.

Best,
Stefan
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

Post by Walter-Tracker Supp »

When performing OCR with the SDK, an entirely new document is created, so anything that is not strictly visible on the page (bookmarks, etc) is not preserved. You can use the Tools SDK to migrate bookmarks from the source document to the output document, after saving the OCR output to an intermediate file, using PXCp_BMGetItem() and PXCp_BMInsertItem().

I am adding this as a feature request for the next version of the OCR component, as I can see how it can be useful, but it will not be added to the existing SDK, so for the moment you will need to implement it yourself. This should not be too hard; please post here or start a new thread if you need any assistance and we will be happy to help.

-Walter